Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I'm a Winner!

I just got home from the artist reception for the Grand Rapids Festival of Arts. It was nice and incredibly busy. I always love looking at other people's work. It inspires me to do more of my own and challenges me to do even better work.

When I went to pick up my name tag I noticed there was a little gold star on the corner. I asked the lady working the name tag table what made me so special. She told me I had won an award and handed me the award list. Sure enough I got a purchase award! Sure, it's not as prestigious as a juror award but I'll take it. It's always a great boost to my confidence to learn that someone likes my work enough to pay money for it. No matter how many paintings I sell I think I'll always be just a little surprised when someone wants one.

No comments: