Saturday, October 11, 2008

Strings



I'm so glad the topic of Illustration Friday is Strings. I've been working on a pillow in my spare time for the past couple weeks and just finished it. Naturally, I'm very excited to show it off. My mom gave me an used sewing machine for Christmas last year and I've been making small projects and fiddling around with it since. I made one pillow prior to this one and am now starting one with a giraffe on it. All the fabric I used I got as a white elephant present last Christmas. I think i was more excited to get a giant bag of fabric scraps than I was to get most of my other presents. I sill have enough to make at least ten or eleven pillows.

9 comments:

Gillian said...

Very nice! The fabrics all complement each other really well. I swear one of these days I'm going to do a fabric-based Illustration Friday project.

damon said...

cute

i like the mouse

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Mônica said...

You make wonderful things with string! I love the pillow with the bunny and the stitched mouse!

Tracy said...

CUTE! I really need to learn how to sew!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!your pillow is really gorgeous!! I love all the details, fabrics and colour combination! and your little mouse is just lovely. thank you for show off your work! :)
looking forward to see your other beautiful pillows! :P

krisztina maros said...

so beautiful pillow, i love this mouse! :)

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Cute pillow! :D

PS: I love your headless creations! LOL

Dawn B. said...

You have so many talents. I love this. Sewing is my first love. Great job. That took some time.