Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Art Festivals Galore!

This year I had the wonderful opportunity to volunteer with the Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts. I helped with the art take in for the Regional Art Competition. It was amazing to see all the high quality entries that came in. I also entered and am very excited to announce that three of my pieces were selected. 


Legs 


NPR Candy Store



Octo-toilet



The Regional Arts Competition will be located at the old Art Museum at 155 N. Division. An opening reception will be held Friday, May 29 from 5 – 9 pm with the exhibit continuing through June 14.

I also entered the Muskegon Museum Regional Art Competition and one of my pieces was selected. 


Tea with a Tiger

The Muskegon Museum of Art will open its Regional Exhibition on Thursday, May 28, at 10:00 a.m. The public is invited to attend an opening reception that evening from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. Artist awards will be announced at 7:00 p.m. The exhibition will be open through August 5, 2009.

I also want to say congratulations to my fellow Grand Valley State Illustration grad, Chris Mrozik, for winning the Robert and Veronica Youngman Memorial Award. Great work as always!

No comments: