Monday, August 20, 2012

One Creative Year



Who: I'm Christy Beckwith an illustrator, graphic designer, greeting card writer and mother of two little boys. I love to create visual imagery that is whimsical, charming and oftentimes humorous.

What: One Creative Year is a personal blog project where I have challenged myself and anyone who will join me to create something everyday for one year. It doesn't have to be big. It doesn't have to be good. It just has to be a daily process.

Why: Great idea aren't born in a vacuum they come through hard work, talking to others and a lot of just plain doing. Committing to creating something everyday is the first step in becoming great at your craft. I plan to use this year to explore new methods of image creation, new patterns, textures and unexpected color combinations.What do you want to be better at a year from now? What have you always wanted to try but never dared? Now is the time to try. If you fail you can just make something new tomorrow.

How: If you want join me place the image below with a link to this page then send me an email with your blog link. I'll post your link in my sidebar. Then create and post your work and check back here often for inspirational posts and creative discussions.

No comments: